Friday, October 8, 2010

Colorado

Last week I had the opportunity to go down to Colorado Christian University (CCU) to represent JUC at a study abroad fair.  The trip took nearly five days, but the fair was only a couple hours.  I may have done a few other things.  Here are some of the highlights:


I met up with some JUC friends at the Longmont McDonalds.

Apparently, being with them reminded me so much of home (in this case, Israel) that when I used the bathroom, I momentarily forgot about flushing TP.

I also got to hold the baby.  So cute.  Red hair.  Win.

I stayed with a friend in the Denver area and her 3 cats.  
I think one of her cats was convinced that I was going to eat him, so he tended to run away and hide.  Thus, he is not in the picture.  

She took me to the Denver Aquarium.  
It had really.big.fish.

She also took me to the butterfly pavilion.   

We also visited Whole Foods, since I've heard so much about them but have never been able to see one in person.  It was pretty entertaining.  And I think I am now inspired to start my own chain of grocery stores.  I will call them "Half Foods."  Because sometimes I have a bizarre sense of humor.  

I finally got around to doing my job and set up a table at CCU, hopefully generating some interest.  (Come to JUC!  It's great!  Really.)

 I then drove west, through some beautiful country.  

Stayed with a friend from camp days and her husband.  

I drove home the next day, through some more beautiful country.  Well, parts of Wyoming were sort of boring.  Oh well.  It was nice to get away and have a little adventure.  Thanks all for a great trip!

No comments: