Thursday, March 1, 2012

Nine Days

You'd be surprised what can happen in only 9 days.  I'm still catching my breath from my last nine days and the adventure is just beginning.

It started the afternoon of Tuesday the 21st.  I checked my email and found out that my return to Israel, which I had been awaiting for roughly a year and a half had to occur immediately - within the week.  I was already planning to go to Kentucky the next day, and didn't want to cancel that trip.  So Tuesday was busy.

I bid a tearful farewell to my boyfriend of one week...
That's us in our snow fort.  If a boy helps you build a snow fort, you know he's a good one.  
...and then spent the rest of the day and most of the night packing EVERYTHING.

Wednesday morning I headed to Kentucky, arriving there that night.

I greatly enjoyed my time with my brother, nephew,
sister-in-law and niece.
The nephew LOVES books.  I read to him quite a bit.  He may not look like he's loving it, but he was.
He also has great taste in transportation. :)
Monday evening I got on a (2 hour delayed) flight from Kentucky to Newark.
Somehow, by God's grace, I still managed to get on my flight to Tel Aviv.  Because I was so late, I didn't even have to go through the full security measures - just a pat down and a cursory carry-on search.

On the plane I enjoyed watching "Horton Hears a Who" and eating curry...  I thought it would be fun to request on of their special meals, for a change.  It was...interesting.
Finally I arrived in Tel Aviv, and in time, a sherut dropped me off at JUC.

I'm afraid I don't really have any pictures in Jerusalem yet.  It's been pouring rain pretty much since I arrived, so that I even try to avoid going to the bathroom as long as possible because it requires a few steps outside. Pictures of rain aren't all that exciting.

But it IS exciting to finally be here.  I'm starting to figure out my place as staff, learning about some of my duties, and it's good.

It's been a crazy nine days, bittersweet in many ways.  Many hard good-byes, but quite a few joyful reunions as well.  That's life.  But God is always good.  

No comments: