Sunday, March 4, 2012

Introducing Mr. Squeaky

My pocket is a worm home.

At least, that's what my nephew, Jack, decided when I was visiting last week.  My pocket was just the right size and shape and height to make a home for his small, blue, plastic worm.  It had the additional perk of also containing chap-stick, so he could alternate putting in and taking out the worm and the chap-stick.  Who knew a pocket could be so much fun?!

One morning at breakfast he snuck the worm into my pocket.  I was already at the school where my brother works (watching him for the day) when I realized Jack had never removed the worm from my pocket.  And thus began the adventures of Mr. Squeaky, the small, blue, plastic worm.

When he first got to school he hung out with the teachers for a while, sharing some bagels and cream cheese.  (As everyone knows, blue plastic worms prefer blueberry bagels.)
Then he went to class and learned about Geometry and how to do constructions.
Having mastered Geometry he moved on to Analytic Geometry (aka Calculus) and quickly mastered that as well.  
He decided to expand his horizons beyond math and looked into science.  Science Olympiad seemed like just the thing.
 First he test drove a mouse-trap car.
 Then he helped Jack's dad saw some wood.
He wanted to ride the trebuchet, but it wasn't quite ready.  
Tired out from the day, he tried to blend in with a stained glass window so a bird wouldn't try to eat him as he napped.

Finally he headed home where he was happily reunited with his owner Jack, and they both lived happily ever after. :)


No comments: