Saturday, July 10, 2010

There and Back Again

Having been back on US soil for a little over a day now, here are some of my "first" impression:
1.  They use ice?!  What's that?  I rarely saw ice in Israel.  On the plane from Israel, I'm pretty sure none of the drinks that I got had ice in them.  Maybe they would have put ice in the soda, but I didn't have any of that.  Then on the plane from Atlanta to Kentucky my drink was about half ice...Going to have to get used to that again.
2. Clouds!  Green!  Rain!  I was so excited to see rain yesterday when I landed.  I even went outside just to stand in it.  Pretty sure people thought I was crazy, but I haven't seen a good rain for months.  Also, the rain here is so warm.  The winter rains of Israel are not so enjoyable to dance in.
3.  No, really, it's GREEN.
4. Finally got to meet the new nephew :)
5. First "major" experience back here: dressing up like a cow so we could get free meals at Chick-fil-a.  Welcome back to America.
Nephew and I as cows.  Moo!!

6. Garage-saling this morning - I could look at people and talk to them without being afraid that they would make inappropriate comments or try really hard to make me pay too much for something I don't want.
Yes, I've missed garage saling...but look at the grass!  

7.  I can read all the signs.  At first glance.  And understand them.  

Of course, not everything is different.  I still run into the occasional, uh, camel?!

No comments: