Thursday, July 22, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig!

And so it is, after nearly a year (ok, 11 months) away, I find myself back in Montana.  Though the term "home" can mean several different things to me at this juncture, there are many ways in which Montana is still "home."

The familiar green, mountainous landscapes thrill the little parts of my heart that have been longing for these mountains.


I love the fact that it rains here in the summer, and I love the resulting rainbows. 

It's been good to be away, but it's good to be back.  I think in many ways my life in Montana prepared me to see and enjoy many of the different things in Israel.  And now, back in Montana, I am reminded of so many things that I love here that were missing in Israel.  The contrast reminds me to enjoy both places, to revel in the differences, to try to live life to the fullest, wherever I am.  

Lord, help me not to take any of your bountiful gifts for granted.

No comments: