Monday, July 26, 2010

More weird things

1. Dishwashers.  I almost forgot about dishwashers.  I'll start doing dishes in the sink and look down and realize that there is a dish washer sitting there, ready to be used.  They really can be excessively useful.
2. Sugar is so SMALL!  And brown sugar is so...um...small and light?  I remember when I first started cooking in Israel, I was surprised by the size of the sugar grains in both white and brown sugar, and the brown sugar was fairly dark.  Apparently I got used to it, though, because here I am always surprised at how fine the sugar is.  Granulated sugar here is almost as finely ground as powdered sugar in Israel.  It's crazy.
3. The smell of freshly mowed grass.  I had almost forgotten about that too.  *ahhh*
4. Finally got around to making pita today.  I've missed it so!  For anyone who is interested, I posted the recipe and directions on my Other Blog, the one dedicated to things like cooking, sewing, crocheting, etc.  You know, just so I don't clutter this one up with recipes all the time.  If you like recipes, though, I will be trying to update that Other Blog more regularly.  (Yeah, the name is silly, but my old roommates and I used to joke about all our marriageable qualities.)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Hi,

I'm jealous of the lovely photos and all that green while our lawn has turned brown.
Looking forward to seeing you when you return.