Monday, December 28, 2009

Part 2: The Rest

The rest of my Christmas holiday was a rather odd mixture of Israeli and American.

I went to the post office, which was open on Christmas day, to get the gift my parents sent from America.

I went to the grocery store, also open, to buy ingredients to make Christmas goodies. Like eggnog.

I had friends over and we ate pizza (which is a Christmas Eve tradition in my family) and watched a Christmas movie. And made snowflakes. Which is likely to be the only snow I'll see this year - the temperatures have been quite warm recently.


For Boxing Day a bunch of us got together for the traditional Christmas Day meal and a white elephant gift exchange. It was a day late, but hey, why stand on ceremony?
It was a very different Christmas, but I was blessed to be in this land, at this time, with many friends around.

No comments: