Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Welcome to my life!

So, I happened to watch an episode of Top Chef where their challenge was to make a meal for 300 airmen, with the supplies and kitchen equipment on the base, and I thought, "Welcome to my world." That's pretty much what I do daily at camp. Except with a lower budget, less equipment, fewer people, and less cumulative experience on my side. Most of the challenges they compete in I wouldn't even know where to begin, but with this one, well, I could relate.


In other news, I recently found out about a site with a number of online books. I haven't read much for fun for a long time, and they had some shorter books that I'd been wanting to read, so in the last couple days I've read Manalive! by G. K. Chesterton and Right Ho, Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse, both of which I recommend, for very different reasons. Here is one quote from each, respectively, which made me laugh.

"Imprudent marriages!" roared Michael. "And pray where in earth or heaven are there any prudent marriages? Might as well talk about prudent suicides.


Jeeves: "Yes, sir. Each time he endeavours to formulate a proposal of marriage, his courage fails him."

Wooster: "And yet, if he wants this female to be his wife, he's got to say so, what? I mean, only civil to mention it."

Jeeves: "Precisely, sir."

No comments: