Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One Year Ago

It's been a year since my Grandmother went home to be with Jesus. (Technically a year and a day, but what with time changes and communication breakdowns, I didn't hear of her death until the next day, so I choose to remember it today.)

As I think about her life and her death, especially in conjunction with the Thanksgiving season, I am reminded of how much I have to be thankful for.

I am thankful for a godly grandmother who strove to raise godly children and then in turn encouraged and supported them as they worked to raise their children. What a legacy to leave! I am thankful that she is no longer in pain, but is home, rejoicing in the presence of her savior. I am thankful that someday I will see her again.

I am thankful for my amazing family (most of whom were directly impacted by my Grandmother). We all live so far apart, but that makes the short times we have together so much more special. Too often I take them for granted, but I'm pretty sure that I have the best family ever.

I am thankful for the friends I've made at JUC over the past year who have made being away from home and family a little easier.

I am thankful for this opportunity to study in Israel for two years. I have learned so much. It has truly been a life-changing experience.

God is good. Whatever our lot, in life or death, pain or pleasure, God is good.

No comments: