Friday, August 21, 2009

Another day, another year older

Yes, I had a birthday.

Yes, it was a particularly good birthday.

Why?

No, I didn't get any large and exciting gifts (though the ones I did get were wonderful and thoughtful and fit me well).

I did get to take a trip...to eastern Montana. Hardly the vacation spot of choice, though I enjoyed it.

The best part, though, was that I got to spend it with (almost) my entire family (from my dad's side). I am so blessed by the family God has given me. As far as I can tell, all of them are believers, which gives us another common ground (besides blood).

We went out to Sleepy Hollow, the old homestead, and went for a drive across the rolling hills, roasted wieners and marshmallows over an open fire, talked, and sang worship songs together. Most of us live so far apart and get to see each other so rarely, it was a great blessing for all of us to be together for just a short time.

And now? I head back to Jerusalem in a few more days. I pray that as I go through the year ahead God would help me to grow in knowledge, wisdom, and love for Him.


1 comment:

RachelandJoel said...

We're praying that for you, too!