Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Limerick night

A week ago we had our first mixed-staff limerick night. Attendance wasn't as large as we had hoped for, but it was still fun. Here's a sampling of some of the "poems" that were read. Not exactly great literature, but hey, we had fun.

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, such a tasty treat.
It's brown and white, it's oh so sweet!
When I hear a code brown
I admit I do frown
Because I hear Ben during his usual kitchen beat.
~Curtis

Camp crud, camp crud
You make us sound like we at mud.
We swallow our mucus
Find things that pukes us
Oh man, my snot has caused a flood!
~Laura (aka Camp Nurse)

There once was a crewboy named Jon
Who always used too much Dawn.
He would fill up his sink
All the way to the brink
But now all his bubbles are gone.
~Mason

There once was a cook
Who liked to read books.
She squashed her finger,
The pain did linger,
Now see how stupid she looks.
~Larissa

There is a crewboy who likes fire
Who set off dynamite with a wire.
He did explode.
Pieces are in the road.
Wayne was so mad, he retired.
~Megan

There once was a counselor name Dan,
Whom everyone called the man.
He called us all punks
And slept in our bunks
And now he just works on his tan.
~Various crewboys

....and my contributions....

At Clydehurst this summer you'll see
Some people who happen to be
Topped on their head
By a bright shade of red.
Hooray for more people like me!!


At camp in the barn you'll find
Some boys of unusual kind.
Their aprons are pink,
Their cabin may stink,
But they're still the best in my mind!

2 comments:

Richard Gianforte said...

Amazing stuff! :)
I hope you're doing well.

Adam said...

These poems here
would come near
beating Shakespeare
I fear.
(Oh dear) :)
I enjoyed reading them very much, though they are nothing to mine. jk :D