Monday, January 26, 2009

In other news...

I will be leaving for the airport in about 2 hours to start my journey back to Jerusalem. I've pretty much decided that it's not worth sleeping tonight. So hopefully I'll be able to sleep on the planes. :) I should arrive in Tel Aviv around 3 pm on Tuesday.

It's been a good break -- really long! I've enjoyed seeing many friends and family, though I haven't seen them all. If you're one of the people I missed (or if you want to see me again), I tentatively plan to be back mid-May-ish. So give me a call then and we'll party. I've also enjoyed seeing mountains and eating pizza and cookies, but I'm also excited to get back to school - my "home away from home." I'm going back a few days early to have a little extra time to settle in AND especially to have time to visit museums that I don't have time to visit while school is in session. It should be fun. :)

Over the break I also purchased a new camera, as the old one has been slowly dying. It's been pretty fun to play around with. As hard as it is to believe from the lack of comments, quite a few people have told me that they read this blog and enjoy the pictures. So for you silent readers, I will try to put that new camera to good use and post a few photos now and then.

I didn't get out into the mountains much over the break (sadly) but I did make it up Hyalite once... Here's a picture from that expedition. :)
I don't have a whole lot more to say at this point. I'm looking forward to this next semester and will try to keep y'all updated on what I see and learn. I'll close with a big thank you for all of you who are praying for me. I really appreciate it, and I hope that you will have a good "semester" too, whatever you may be doing! God bless!

No comments: