Monday, December 1, 2008

It's December...

...and mosquitoes are in the air! I probably kill an average of one or two a day. Not a problem that is common in Montana in December.

(Oh, Happy first of December and Rabbits and all that. :)

I went to the Scottish Presbyterian church again on Sunday. You know what my favorite part is? They have music! I mean, like, hymnals where you can sight-read the music if you don't happen to know the song! They also sing hymns! The other churches I've been to (and our own vespers service) generally sing more "praise songs." Which isn't bad, but if you don't know the song, well, you're kind of out of luck because they're only going to sing through it once. The entire semester. Ok, so I don't want to be a grumpy, picky person, but I will say that is nice to be able to have music to look at while you try to learn the songs.

It was a rather busy weekend for me. I had a final and a paper due on Thursday and then two papers and a final today. Glad those are over! Now I just have two more finals. Hebrew is tomorrow and shouldn't be too bad. Archaeology is on Friday, and I am a bit more worried about that one. I think I will be eating, breathing, and sleeping archaeology for most of the rest of the week.

I leave for Egypt on Saturday! So exciting! That's going to be quite a trip.

Tonight I got to see the conjunction of the moon, Venus, and Jupiter. Over Jerusalem. Someone said that they last time they were in this formation was around 2 BC, but I haven't been able to find confirmation of that. At any rate, it's a beautiful sight.

1 comment:

Raegan said...

I love the pictures of the conjunction! Beautiful! I keep forgetting about the time-change between us and you! It's already sleepy time, there!