Tuesday, August 5, 2008

More Limericks

We recently had a second Limerick/Haiku night. Here are most of the offerings from that. :)

I think of them as freshly warmed poo,
A poem with nothing to do.
With no rhythm or rhyme
They just waste my time.
That's what I think of haiku.
~Greg

Limerick: a short
Poem with a A A B
B A rhyme scheme.
~Greg

There once was a crewboy named Mason
With the radio Wayne was a-chasin'
With a voice not enthused
Wayne was not amused.
With the lights Josiah should be racin'!
~Greg

There once was a director named Greg
He was shaped just like a peg.
On a rock did he hit his head
Michelle sent him straight to bed
So for his dignity he must beg.
~Larissa

Oh stupid Big Guy.
Stop biting my friends so hard!
You silly, stupid horse.
~Larissa

Blue Lake started oh so great
But then our fun began to deflate
With three flats
And mud that went splat,
It's no wonder we ate dinner so late!
~Laura

We ride to Blue Lake in a truck.
We slip and we slide in the muck.
We get really high
And try not to die
And say that mosquitoes all suck.
~Alana (puns intended!)

Die Mosquito, die!
Die, die, die, die, die, die, die!
Die, die, die, die, die.
~Greg

Ham: that bane of life
And the meat slicer -- horrid!
Still haunting my dreams
~Alana (I don't like ham, I don't like using the meat slicer, and yes, I dreamed about sliced meat once.)

There once was a mixer named Hobart.
I loved him far more than lime yogurt.
He's so hot and red!
"He's so buff!' I said.
I'd cry if he e're fell apart.
~Alana

The end of camp is coming near
But we really shouldn't have much to fear
We say our good-byes
But soon they'll be hi's --
Y'all come back again next year!
~Laura

No comments: