Friday, August 29, 2008

First things...

As I type I am sitting under a grape arbor looking out at the lights of Jerusalem. The sights, sounds, and smells (and HEAT!) are certainly a far cry from Montana, though I have found a few things to remind me of home. :) Its actually fairly cool right now, since the sun has set and the wind has come up a bit. I just hope it cools off my room sufficiently for me to sleep tonight. On the other hand, I could probably sleep through Armageddon at this point, having had nothing but "naps" for the last 3 days or so. But before I go visit sleepy-land, I'm going to post a few pictures and recount a few of my first thoughts here.

At the airport in Tel Aviv. Nice celing decorations.


Traffic lights -- my favorite part! This is the light before it turns green... :)
My new roommate (I'll have to get a better picture eventually).


My desk, ladder, and closet.


The Western Wall...

Ok, my mind is just about thunked out for tonight. I think I'll go hang at the "bon fire" for a while and then collapse into bed. :)

No comments: