Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Rainbow

Friday night we had the first thunder storm of the "spring." I was watching from my window, and it was beautiful.Most of the sky was overcast, but the sun was still shining. Then it started raining and I went outside because I love rain. And there was the rainbow, beautiful as always.

What is it about rainbows that appeals to us? The colors? The way they "magically" appear? Yet, like everything else in creation, its easy for us to take them for granted. It's too easy to forget the origin of the rainbow and the awesome promise that was given with it. God is so good to give us these reminders of His glory and goodness. May we take advantage of them more often and refuse to lose our child-like wonder.
The Rainbow 
by
William Wordsworth

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

2 comments:

Anh said...

The rainbow is so beautiful. You are such a good photographer - as you always are. I hope the play of yours at Petra will be doing well. :)

Alana said...

thanks, Anh! It went well tonight. :)