Sunday, July 19, 2009

Blogging Duties

I have been sadly remiss in my blogging duties. I have some things that I have been pondering that I will try to post on at some point. However, I have so little time, and so much to do...it's difficult to find time to think, much less to write out any thoughts. So here's a brief update on my life, for any who might be curious.

1. I still cook. Lots.
2. I (with my assistants) made 26 loaves of challah bread for steak night this last Friday. Shabbat Shalom!
3. I went rafting on the Stillwater this last Saturday. It doesn't have much in the way of rapids, but there are some fun parts. It doesn't really live up to it's name...especially compared to the Madison. :)
4. So we had some fun water wars, and I got pushed/thrown into the river a couple times. Good times. We also got to eat food that I didn't make, which is always an exciting occasion for me.
5. Someone bought some Rocky Mountain Oysters at a resturant, and I got to try a small bite. Very exciting. It mostly tasted like fried food. Less exciting. But still cool.
6. We are into our second week of family camp. Two Buffet Nights down, three to go. First two actually went quite well, praise the Lord!
7. I have now survived, um...maybe 17 Buffet nights? (in my four years as head cook) and today was the first time that I carved the watermelon for it. It was fun.
8. This week is sort of, "Old Home Week" here at camp. By that I mean that most of the campers have come here for about a million years, and/or have been on staff themselves, or currently have a family member on staff... It should be a fun week.
9. Fire danger is still pretty low! I have high hopes of avoiding changing steak night to prime rib night.
10. I really should go to bed...it's way past my bedtime.
11. I'm pretty much out of random updates anyway. Really, pretty much all I do is cook things. Not that exciting to write about. Especially since most of them are things I've made numerous times before. Sad lack of experimentation. Oh well.
12. I'm looking forward to going back to Israel. Which has also been rendered much simpler, now that I have a visa. Yay!
13. So for now, over and out.

No comments: