Friday, March 28, 2008

Joyous Happy Day!

Once upon a time, I had a computer. In fact, I had it for all four years of college. One day, that computer died. Actually, I guess the hard drive just got worn out and pretty much stopped spinning, thus making it incredibly difficult to recover the information stored on it. Very sad. Well, I never threw out that old hard-drive, always hoping that someday I would be able to recover all the wonderful little things stored in its bits and bytes. Tonight I was able to connect it to an old computer (minus its hard drive) and copy a considerable amount of information onto floppies before it died again. Very exciting. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a little more off it tomorrow after I let it rest tonight.

Part of the reason I'm excited about this is because of various bits of information, pictures, homework, etc. stored on the computer. Mostly, though, its because I now have a copy of various papers, stories, and poems I wrote throughout high school and college. Not that any of them are especially wonderful, but there's something I like about being able to look back and see what I was thinking and feeling. And, to be honest, some of them I definitely like. Maybe I'll find somewhere to post them online. Then, if my computer crashes, I'll still have access to a copy. :)

No comments: