Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jerusalem

Well, it's official -- I'm going to Jerusalem (Lord willing, of course!)

I enjoy teaching, but even before I started, there was always this thought in the back of my mind that someday I'd like to go back to school. For a variety of reasons (which I don't have to go into at the moment) I decided that this is probably the year. I consulted with my parents and began the process of applying to Jerusalem University College (JUC).
JUC is located on Mt. Zion, right outside the walls of the Old City. Can you blame me for being excited to study in such a location? My family went on a two-week tour with them when I was in high school, and I've wanted to go back ever since.(This is a view of the school from across the Hinnom Valley)
I received my acceptance letter a few weeks ago, and have spent that time making up my mind and informing the right people. It has been a hard and long decision. I will really miss my students and Petra. However, I am excited to take this next step and see what God has for me there.

This summer I'm planning to head back to Clydehurst for one more summer as a cook. I am supposed to arrive at the school on August 29th, and we'll go from there. You all are, of course, more than welcome to visit me. :)

If you want to know more about what I'll be doing over there you can check out the web page though it doesn't seem to be working at the moment, or you can just ask me. :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Wickland said...

Congratulations!!! I know you will be missed at Petra, but I think you will LOVE studying at JUC! I have some friends that studied there in college and LOVED it. And... I was jealous when they came back with awesome pictures... of the real Petra and places like that! Again, congratulations, and may God bless the next portion of your journey with Him!